Summer Teaching Assistant
Support student summer learning in classrooms, lead electives and mentor students.
As you begin to think about possible summer opportunities, please consider joining the Peninsula Bridge community. Peninsula Bridge transforms the lives of highly motivated, low-income students by preparing and supporting them for success in college preparatory high school programs and four-year colleges. We are looking for motivated and committed high school and college-aged students to be Teaching Assistants for this five-week program.
What Are Teaching Assistant’s Roles And Responsibilities?
You’ll assist in teaching the classes and so much more! During the summer, it will be your responsibility to:
- Be an active, positive role model for the students in the program
- Be an advisor of a small group of students
- You may design and implement your own afternoon elective
- Have a flexible and adaptable mindset
- Support the students and the Site Director with daily administrative and logistical support
- Have a “Can Do” attitude
High School, Rising 9th-12th graders
June 18 - June 21
Training for TA's Program June 25 - July 27
Application Deadline: March 1st