Palo Alto Housing: Youth Program Assistant
Position Overview: Youth Program Assistant
24 hours per week, June 11 through July 26, 2018
Our youth program is an intentionally designed community space for youth living in our housing complexes to build skills in academics, leadership and life skills.
As one of our dedicated and passionate Youth Program Assistants, you will assist with running our summer program, Kids In Action, serving youth ranging from grades 1-5, while building mentoring relationships with amazing kids! You will be responsible for welcoming youth, leading team-building activities, assisting with art, science, sports & leadership activities, serving a healthy snack, managing behavior, and cleaning up the program space, under the guidance of our Youth Program Leader.
· Experience babysitting or camp counseling.
· Knowledge of and enthusiasm for working with kids.
· Demonstrated skills in leadership.
· Warm, positive and down-to-earth personality.
· Thrive in a collaborative team environment.
· Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to self-manage and take ownership of work.
· A quick study, independently resourceful.
To apply: Send your resume and short cover letter to Kate Young, VP Resident Services, email@example.com